For those of you who don't know, I'm going on a date with another blogger - Rapunzel over at talesfromthetower.
We've exchanged quite a few emails now and agreed there'll be no holds barred when it comes to writing about our adventure.
So today she's posted explaining why I'm not really her type. Charming. Though after rummaging through her back catalogue this morning, I think she might be on to something.
Here's what I discovered:
- We both work in TV - although Rapunzel is freelance. Which means she has no job security. Or pension. So Muggins here will be the only one contributing to our retirement fund.
- She got asked for ID a few months ago, so obviously looks younger than 33. Bit of a relief. Still worried about her age, mind. Biological clock and all that. I'm definitely not ready for kids - got enough on my plate with Mildred.
- According to today's post she doesn't like men with pets.
- One of my most alarming discoveries was that Rapunzel is a fan of the pre-date phone call. Why do girls love this awkward custom? It's the same with foreplay. Suppose I'll just have to get my head down and hope it's over quickly.
- She's also a bit too cosy with the male concierges in her tower block. Bangs on about them all the time. Can't wait to see their faces if she brings me home for some first-date fun time.
- Finally, our girl likes pole dancing. And she gets jealous. The two things that have ended every relationship I've ever had.
Doesn't sound very promising, does it? Thankfully I did manage to find a few saving graces.
- She's double jointed. Could come in handy.
- There's a post about her housemate leaving toenail clippings on the coffee table. Doesn't have to worry about that with me - I spit mine straight in the bin.
- She spent £40 joining an online dating site, so is rich AND desperate. A winning combination.
- Like me, Rapunzel's had a hard time with a hairdresser - though it was her fringe, not her heart, that was left in tatters.
- The last date she went on was a complete disaster, so her expectations will be low.
So what do you guys think? Are you hopeful I'll find love with Rapunzel? Or do you expect to be reading about ANOTHER car crash date?